We highly recommend that BridgeArgentina students stay with a local family during their course. It is a great way to practice your Spanish skills outside the classroom and to learn more about the country’s culture, people, and cuisine. Homestays allow you to fully immerse yourself in the study abroad experience and can be an integral part of your language learning.
Information about host family lodging
- Each student will have a private bedroom and a shared bathroom.
- Host families can provide breakfast and dinner, or breakfast only, depending on the housing package you select.
- All of our host families are middle-class by Argentinean standards, and live in apartments or homes in typical “porteño” neighborhoods.
- Many host families are individuals living alone, but some are couples with or without children. Very few families have young children, but some have grandchildren around quite frequently.
- Distances to the school vary from 20 to 60 minutes by public transportation.
- All families are carefully screened and visited to ensure that the accommodations are suitable for students.
- Many families have been with the program for years and have consistently received excellent student evaluations.
- Many families host several BridgeArgentina Spanish students at the same time.
- Students may come and go as they please, but are asked to respect the routine and wishes of the host family.